See Yourself as God's Art Work


  First of all , I would like to point out that we are fearfully and wonderfully made, you can find that in Psalm 139: 14 (I Praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that well  - NIV) This was David appreciating God because of how he saw himself in Christ. We are children of God and made in His image. God is beautiful and everything He created is beautiful so definitely we are .

The way we think we are and portray ourselves to be is how other people would see us.
In a book I was reading earlier today it explained how ladies should love themselves whether they are big or small, fat or thin. Then she gave an example of a woman who saw herself as 'FAT' , this young beautiful lady sat across a young man in a Coffee shop. This man couldn't stop staring at her so he did fit to walk up to her and said  'Hello, you're beautiful'  but guess what she did?
Instead of her to tell him thanks, she sat him down and showed him pictures of how she looked in the past years, she said she was slimmer and more beautiful and other things, after the whole explanation all what the man felt for her was pity. This lady changed the perspective of this young man and he began to think the way she did.

So he felt pity and said to her '' You should eat healthy food, fruits and exercise helps too'' she took those words as insults and started to yell at him ' Oh!! so you're calling me fat? she said. He replied No I'm not and quietly walked away. All that drama was caused by this young lady.

What that young man saw wasn't how she saw herself and she changed his thinking and he began to see her the way she saw herself. I wonder how many people she has made to see her that way, that must be really sad.


We are unique individuals and God made us that way, we should learn to appreciate ourselves and when other people do we should do the same that is appreciate them too.

Growing up I had this issue about myself , I told my mum about it and she encouraged me and said "You are perfect , God knows why He made you this way, If this part was bigger than this part of your body you it wouldn't fit you'' and she went on and from that day I began to embrace myself and each day up until now, I'm happy God made me this beautiful. So when my friends tease me , I just laugh about it cos I have come to understand who I am in Christ, one of His best artworks.
This definitely took a while but even till now , each day I look at myself and appreciate how beautiful I am.

Now below are two images ,

Art work  A


Art Work B

This two Art works are being put up in the museum,done by one artist so people go there and see , art work A is of the same value as B about a million dollars. Those who understand Art would appreciate A more than B. They would tell you there is something they see in A thats not in B , B is too common.
Another person would prefer B to A. Its more realistic, you can see its a beautiful woman, and begins to wonder why A is of the same value as B.
Note: This Artist appreciates his work whether people see them as good or ugly.

This is how people in the society see each other. It was God that created each of us and he saw what He created and called it good, whether other people see you as beautiful, handsome, fine or not you should see yourself the way God sees you both inside and outside. Inner beauty is inside each of us. We are all beautiful in God's eyes as we are created in the Image of God. Once we feel beautiful inside , it would show on the outside.



CONVERSATION

3 comments:

Back
to top